Who wants to be lonely, especially when you are out on vacations to enjoy? A recent study by Westin Hotels and Resorts has found that 34% of frequent travelers feel lonely away from home.
To encourage guests to socialize and help to combat loneliness which many travelers experience, Westin Hotels and Resorts around the world will be inviting their guests to a new “social experience” called “Unwind... A Westin Evening Ritual”, which will prove to be enjoyable and relaxing in all possible ways.
Each of Westin’s 129 hotels around the world has come up with a free unique event to be held for guests every evening in the lobby.
Westin Unwind rituals feature a rich array of experiences, from chocolate and wine pairings to live jazz and rotating art exhibits.
Sue Brush, senior vice president, Westin Hotels & Resorts said:
If we can provide our guests with a place to relax at the end of the day lift their spirits and perhaps meet new people in a warm environment, we believe we are doing our job well.
Events based on the local culture include:
• A bagpipe performance and a whisky tasting at the Westin Turnberry Resort in Scotland.
• A traditional drum performance at The Westin Denarau Island, Fiji Resort & Spa.
• A lesson in making the perfect bellini, paired with samplings of Italian food at The Westin Excelsior, Venice Lido in Italy.
• A guacamole-making class at The Westin a Paloma Resort in Tucson, Ariz.
• A sampling of Chinese traditions including tai chi.
• Watercolor painting at The Westin Beijing, Financial Street.
Westin is rolling out the Unwind experience in all of its properties globally in the first quarter of 2007.